- What is a sentence for conjure?
- What does pondering mean?
- What does tantalizing mean?
- What is the opposite of conjure?
- What is a conjure?
- What does it mean to conjure up something?
- Is it conjure or conjure up?
- What is another word for conjure?
- What does it mean to conjure up the dead?
- What does dithering mean?
- What does congenial mean?
- What does codger mean?
- What’s the meaning of do away with?
What is a sentence for conjure?
(1) He could conjure coins from behind people’s ears.
(2) Her grandfather taught her to conjure.
(3) How am I expected to conjure up a meal for six of his friends with almost nothing in the fridge.
(4) I can’t simply conjure up the money out of thin air..
What does pondering mean?
1 : to weigh in the mind : appraise pondered their chances of success. 2 : to think about : reflect on pondered the events of the day. intransitive verb. : to think or consider especially quietly, soberly, and deeply.
What does tantalizing mean?
: possessing a quality that arouses or stimulates desire or interest also : mockingly or teasingly out of reach.
What is the opposite of conjure?
What is the opposite of conjure?containinhibitmufflerepressrestrainsmotherstiflesuppresscalmdeaden4 more rows
What is a conjure?
to affect or influence by or as if by invocation or spell. to effect, produce, bring, etc., by or as by magic: to conjure a miracle. to call upon or command (a devil or spirit) by invocation or spell.
What does it mean to conjure up something?
verb (tr, adverb) to present to the mind; evoke or imaginehe conjured up a picture of his childhood. to call up or command (a spirit or devil) by an incantation.
Is it conjure or conjure up?
In your case “conjured” designates the process. The phrase verb “conjured up” designates the completion of the process. Of course, “up” can simply mean direction, like in “I looked up”, in which case “up” is an adverb, or like in “I looked up the street”, in which case it’s a preposition.
What is another word for conjure?
conjureappeal (to),beg,beseech,besiege,entreat,impetrate,implore,importune,More items…
What does it mean to conjure up the dead?
verb. 1Call upon (a spirit or ghost) to appear, by means of a magic ritual. ‘they hoped to conjure up the spirit of their dead friend’
What does dithering mean?
1 : shiver, tremble the dithering of grass— Wallace Stevens. 2 : to act nervously or indecisively : vacillate dithering about what to do next There’s no time to dither.
What does congenial mean?
1a : pleasant especially : agreeably suited to one’s nature, tastes, or outlook a congenial atmosphere. b : sociable, genial a congenial host. c : existing or associated together harmoniously. 2 : having the same nature, disposition, or tastes : kindred congenial companions.
What does codger mean?
: an often mildly eccentric and usually elderly fellow old codger.
What’s the meaning of do away with?
Meaning of do away with sth in English to get rid of something or stop using something: These ridiculous rules and regulations should have been done away with years ago.